Haywood Community College
185 Freedlander Drive
Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Friday, December 8, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field from a regionally accredited institution and at least 3 years’ experience in community college admissions; Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); Skilled in problem solving; Experienced at working directly with students, faculty and staff; Information processing; Strong interpersonal skills; Ability to manage a Admissions team effectively
Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field; at least 5 years of experience in community college admissions with recruitment experience and show demonstrated increase in responsibility.
Statement of Primary Purpose
The primary purpose is to direct and supervise the processes, staff, and functions of the admissions division of the college. This includes creating and facilitating the enrollment management plan of the college, including meeting with other divisions and departments to ensure all admissions procedures are effectively meeting the needs of all areas of the campus.
- Manage all college admissions staff, processes, and functions
- Lead the effort to create and maintain a comprehensive enrollment management plan, in conjunction with the strategic enrollment management committee, to serve the needs of the entire campus
- Create and implement the coordination of campus admissions activities, events, and initiatives such as College nights.
- Manage the staff processing of college applications, including curriculum and continuing education
- Monitoring all admissions related inquiries including phone, email, and letters
- Maintain the college’s admissions applications, including conducting annual maintenance with CFNC
- Be knowledgeable and coordinate all incoming placement measures, including multiple measures, NCDAP placement testing, SAT, ACT, etc.
- Develop, prepare, and disseminate admission data
- Secure necessary documents from students for admission/enrollment purposes and establish individual files
- Create, plan, and facilitate the orientation process for new students
- Develop and maintain appropriate steps to the admission process for all students, including checklists for various program admission processes
- Assist various departments with admissions and enrollment determinations and prospective student information, such as Health Science programs, and student transition from basic skills to curriculum.
- Meet with prospective students to discuss the admissions process, help with program choice, and recommend proper steps towards registration
- Conduct and/or coordinate the registration activities for special credit students
- Inform all students of acceptance, new student orientation, and registration
- Oversee the staff processes for the admissions side of Career and College Promise enrollment
- Serve as the residency liaison for RDS with the State of North Carolina, including handling all residency issues and procedures at the college
- Participate in, and support ongoing assessment, planning, and evaluation to improve student learning
- Manage and monitor the budget for the admissions and recruitment area
- Coordinate all campus recruitment activities to ensure HCC is both present and engaged in reaching our target audience in a strategic and effective manner.
- Work with other HCC faculty, staff, and administration, on a campus-wide recruitment plan that is effective in strategically drawing new students to the College. Work in conjunction with outside school administrators in order to promote recruitment to HCC.
- Work with the College’s marketing department to ensure campus recruiting materials and resources are accurate and designed to strategically reach the appropriate target audience effectively.
- Work with the coordinator of student life to utilize the College’s SGA officers, student ambassadors, and other faculty and staff to assist with recruiting events, campus tours, and other activities as needed.
- Coordinate with instructional administrators to provide program information, and/or faculty or staff volunteers to conduct campus tour guides when appropriate.
- Mange the participation of HCC in off-campus recruiting events, such as CACRAO, high school career nights, and regional fairs.
- Miscellaneous tasks: assist with registration, assist with bulk mailings, and serve on college committees; assist with graduation, Student Activities and registration; maintain professional behavior in accordance with professional code of conduct and ethics.
- Interact with students, the public, the community, and co-workers in a cooperative, courteous, and professional manner.
- Serve on appropriate committees and teams as assigned.
- Comply with the college's policies and procedures as outlined in the Faculty and Staff Policies and Procedures Handbook.
Valid state Driver’s License which if not from the state of NC is readily transferrable upon hire
moderate mixture of sitting, standing, and walking
Indoor/office. Exposure at campus events. Travel may be necessary if it meets the needs of the college.
Personal Protective Equipment
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
How to Apply
Official Haywood Community College employment application found online at www.haywood.edu, click on the Jobs tab then select position applying for.
Application must be complete for consideration- do not reference resume. Paper applications are not accepted. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites.
Must provide 3 professional references with email addresses with at least one reference being a current or previous supervisor. References may not be current HCC employee.
HCC is a tobacco free campus.
HCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution