JCC Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Workforce Development Center - Clayton, NC
Closes: Wednesday, June 28, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Demonstrated success assessing the training and education needs of industry; developing and delivering customized programs; creating and maintaining professional networks; and making professional presentations. Knowledge of industrial technologies, management systems, and quality control processes. Must be a self-starter recognizing the importance of maintaining relationships with industry.
Education Minimum: Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year institution in a related field
Experience Minimum: Five years of experience in an industry environment with some training/education experience.
Please see above
Responsible for providing customized and corporate education and training for industries in Johnston County, establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with all Johnston County industries and other County organizations and agencies and broker education and training resources of the entire College. This is a full-time position.
KNOWLEDGE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with Johnston County industries
- Assess the education and training needs of incumbent, prospective, and dislocated workers
- Broker education and training resources of the College, the NC Community College System and others to develop and deliver customized education and training
- Provide guidance in the development of industry related curriculum programs
- Teach industry specific courses if qualified
- Promote positive working relationships between the college, industry and community agencies
- Assist the Dean of Economic and Workforce Development with specialized industry related projects
- Recruit, supervise and evaluate instructors
- Coordinate with other areas of the College to promote work based learning and career placement opportunities
- Serve on internal and external committees to further the goals of the College
- Represent the College at local and regional events, communicate well in oral and written form
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all reports for the NC Works Customized Training Program
- Performs other duties as assigned
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact