Mayland Community College is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina. We are centrally located approximately 1-hour from Asheville, Boone, and Hickory NC.
Closes: Sunday, August 13, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelors degree in business, counseling, administration, or related field.
Two (2) years of supervisory experience; Three (3) years experience in budgeting and accounting procedures, regulatory requirements and technology utilization.
Masters degree in business, counseling, administration, or related field.
Experience in Financial Aid.
Under general supervision, administers all financial aid programs which provide monetary assistance enabling worthy students to complete their education. Supervises Financial Aid Technicians.
- Responsible for the formulation, institution and evaluation of all Financial Aid office policies and procedures.
- Responsible for final decisions relating to need analysis and verification of student awards and makes final determinations concerning authorization of disbursement of all student financial aid funds.
- Maintains technical and professional knowledge of current legislation, information and trends in financial aid office operation, by studying manuals, guidelines, references and resources and participating in workshops and conferences.
- Coordinates the activities and services of the Financial Aid office with other appropriate offices throughout the college.
- Serves as the college's designated representative, as appropriate, on various boards and committees within the three-county area and community college system.
- Approves all financial aid related reports, rosters, correspondence and other documents before distribution to students, other offices and/or agencies.
- Participates in student recruitment and financial aid informational activities.
- Provides financial aid counseling and assistance to current and prospective students who have unusual or "special circumstance" requests.
- Calculates Pell Grant awards, in compliance with federal regulations and supervises data entry onto the computer system and electronic reporting of Pell payments to the U.S. Department of Education.
- Serves as the college's School Certifying Official for Veteran's Administration Education Benefits.
- Responsible for implementing all required policy changes and updates, as mandated by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through reading professional publications and attending workshops and conferences as appropriate.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of the Pell Grant as well as other federal and state grants.
- Completes and submits all required reports included but not limited to the FISAP, NCHED, IPEDS, and all other required state and federal reports as needed.
- Administers professional judgment requests in compliance with federal regulations.
- Serves on college committees as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Administrative services.nc
How to Apply
All applicants must complete an employment application and attach a copy of college transcript(s) to complete the application process (MCC will not accept a resume in lieu of an application). “Unofficial transcripts” may be submitted with the application.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE COMPLETED ONLINE AT:
Job Post Contact
Judy A. McClure, PHR, SHRM-CP
Director, Human Resources
Mayland Community College