Brunswick Community College
50 College Road NE
Bolivia, NC 28422
Closes: Wednesday, September 27, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting
- Five or more years’ experience in a similar position at a post-secondary institution.
- Supervisory experience
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ellucian’s Colleague ERP experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ellucian’s Colleague ERP experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Responsible for the development and maintenance of accounting systems and controls necessary to meet local, state, and federal guidelines. Works with the Vice President of Budget & Finance to ensure the financial integrity and operational effectiveness of the institution.
- Supervises Business Office activities and staff
- Coordinates the activities of the Business Office with other areas of the college
- Develops, plans, and organizes the accounting activities of the college to ensure standards set upon the department are maintained
- Assists the Vice President of Budget & Finance in monitoring activities related to budget development and control of expenditures
- Prepares a variety of annual statements and reports to include financial statements, foundation conversion template, notes to the financial statements, and management’s discussion and analysis with supporting documentation, state controllers comprehensive annual financial report, IPEDS finance report, ad hoc community college system surveys/reports and financial reports, miscellaneous external financial reports, etc.
- Supervises and reviews the general ledger functions for state, county, federal, and institutional funds, cash receipt functions, cash disbursements to include accounts payable, travel, and student financial aid. Oversees payroll functions, purchasing functions, federal financial aid reporting, and accounts receivable.
- Facilitates the financial audit and any other external audits
- Oversees the submission of the State month end reports (DCC 2-112, and Schedule A, etc.)
- Coordinates the annual audit of equipment inventory, disposes of surplus equipment by State procedures, prepares DCC 4-13 Internal Equipment Audit, maintains equipment inventory through the fixed assets module of Datatel.
- Prepares annual facilities usage reports for the Department of General Administration
- Coordinates the activities of the Bookstore with other areas of the college
- Develops policies related to financial areas requiring Board of Trustees approval and develops appropriate procedures to implement board policies
- Maintains the colleges Chart of Accounts
- Ensures adequate and “student-friendly” Business Office registration procedures for students during registration
- Provides assistance to the Vice President of Budget & Finance and the President to include analysis and interpretation of information
- Reviews and prepares various forms (i.e. journal entries, budget entries, check requests, requisitions, accounts receivable ledger adjustments, equipment forms, etc.)
- Maintains a working knowledge of fund accounting theories as prescribed by FASB, GASB, and other regulatory agencies
- Remains knowledgeable on procedures set forth in the NC Community College Accounting Procedures Manual
- Supervises and evaluates staff of Business Office to include instructing, assigning, and reviewing work, coordinates the activities of departmental personnel to complete special projects, allocates personnel as necessary, provides recommendation for new employee selection, transfer, discipline, discharge, and salary adjustments
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals to include the President, Vice Presidents, college supervisors, business office staff, vendors, students, sponsors, grantors, state personnel, state auditors, external auditors, etc.
How to Apply
A completed and signed Brunswick Community College application, a letter stating your qualifications related to the position requirements, skills and abilities, transcripts, and resume are required.
Applications can be found online at www.brunswickcc.edu
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to any of the following:
Human Resources, Brunswick Community College
PO Box 30
Supply, NC, 28462
Fax (910) 754-8229
Telephone: (910) 755-7300
BCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer