Closes: Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education & experience
- A bachelor’s degree in business, social sciences, or education required; a master’s degree in human resources or public administration considered
- Two years experience in the area of personnel in a business, education, legal setting or related field required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Verbal and written ability to effectively communicate and work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to set priorities, organize projects, and maintain accurate and complete records
- General knowledge of concepts related to personnel
- Working knowledge of human resources and educational law
- Ability to interpret state, local, and federal statutes, policies, procedures, and guidelines applicable to personnel and institutional governance; attention to detail required
- Experience with human resources data base system
- Working knowledge of computer software programs, including Word, Excel, Publisher, and Access
- Commitment to the philosophy and mission of the College
- Positive attitude, organizational and problem solving skills, and the ability to deal with continuous change
Under general supervision, performs complex and varied technical, professional, and confidential work required to administer human resources programs, including recruitment, classification, compensation, training and development, and employee and labor relations.
- Serves as benefits coordinator in directing the administration of insurance, retirement, and other benefits programs, in compliance with plan document, laws and regulations
- Assists with the coordination of grievance to minimize and mediate workplace disputes, and to foster a positive and productive work environment
- Ensures open communications with faculty and staff
- Assists in the administration of and coordinates the employee performance evaluation process
- Enters and updates personnel information into the Colleague Datatel System and reviews for accuracy.
- Updates and maintains confidential human resources and employee files, records, data, and databases
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year-end human resources, legal, summary, and technical reports, as directed
- Makes recommendations for the development and/or revision of human resources documents, policies, procedures, and forms; assists employees and administration with the interpretation and correct application of College policies, procedures, and rules
- Coordinates and implements recruitment processes for various departments; confers with departments to ascertain departmental needs; coordinates and/or position announcements and advertises for positions; screens resumes and applications and participates in the identification of qualified applicants; conducts employee background checks; reviews results and refers cases to administration as needed.
- Processes monthly timesheets and reconcile leaves for full-time employees, research discrepancies and contact employees/supervisors for clarification
- Works with Payroll to determine accurate longevity pay, and coordinates paid and unpaid leaves of absence
- Coordinates and provides employee orientations for new full-time and part-time employees; processes verification of prior service and updates dates for employment and longevity for full-time
- Works with the Financial Aid department to employ student workers
- Conducts exit interviews with full-time employees who leave the service of the College
- Assures proper storage, organization, and retrieval of information of HR records
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Prepares and distributes essential information to employees
- Stay abreast of statutes, procedures, and current personnel practices and policies by attending professional development activities and reading current publications.
- Serve on various committees as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President
How to Apply
Please visithttps://www.roanokechowan.edu/about-r-ccc/human-resources/job-opportunit... for more information and to apply.
Roanoke-Chowan Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution. As such, the College does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or political affiliation.