Closes: Saturday, January 20, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Networking, Network Engineering, Network Security or related field
• Five or more years of networking and computer support or related experience.
• Capable of designing, setting up and configuring complex switching environments.
• Capable of designing, setting up and configuring complex wireless networking that support open and secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications.
• Knowledge of data center operations and best practices.
• Knowledge of VoIP implementation and support.
• Ability to negotiate, manage contracts and projects with outside vendors.
• Master’s degree in Computer Networking, Network Engineering, Network Security or related field
• Cisco networking experience and certifications.
• Five years leadership and managerial experience in networking and computer related positions.
• Experience in an educational environment
• Experience maintaining network security through proper configuration of VPNand Firewalls.
• Experience with Cisco Unified Communication Manager configuration and infrastructure.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small business environment
The Director of Information Technology Services (ITS) Infrastructure Support is a full-time 12-month position located on the OCH Campus in Monroe, NC. Under the direction of the Associate Vice President for ITS and CIO, the Director of ITSInfrastructure Support is responsible for providing networking and personal computer hardware support for all constituencies of the college including students, faculty, staff and visitors. The position directs the College in the global planning and implementation for information technology infrastructure needs. In addition, the Director of ITS Infrastructure Support is responsible for leading, directing and assessing the College’s networking, data centers, and personal computer hardware needs and providing solutions to support the strategic plan and mission of the college.
• Directs networking and personal computer operations through the combinations of directing the college staff, technical know-how or contracted technical assistance.
• Provides leadership in networking and personal computer technology to assist the College in achieving the goals identified in its strategic plan.
• Ensures the management of security for the physical networks for the College.
• Assists in managing and continually updating Information Technology Policies and Procedures for the College.
• Assists in managing the personal computer replacement plan for the College.
• Develops and manages the networking, VOIP, personal computer hardware standards for the College.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking.
• Assists in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, DHCP, etc.
• Configures and installs client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
• Maintains multi-site network operations, data centers, and network closets.
• Supervises the administration of systems and servers related to network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
• Troubleshoots malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
• Works with faculty, staff, and administration to maximize use of networking and computer services.
• Creates and implements short and long term networking and personal computer plans for the College.
• Develops and monitors on-going employee training.
• Develops and manages individualized training plans for all assigned department personnel.
• Provides exemplary customer service to internal and external customers.
• Demonstrates personal and professional integrity which communicates a sense of mission, leadership, and ability to self-start.
• Demonstrates a positive and proactive approach in identifying problems, creating innovative solutions and managing projects.
• Deals effectively, cooperatively and tactfully with students, business/industry, government and community representatives/citizens, faculty, staff, and administrators.
• Demonstrates an uncompromising commitment to student learning through the college’s mission, vision, values and the delivery of instruction.
• Performs other duties as designated by the Associate VP for ITS and CIO of the College.
• Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.