Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business or facilities operations, or project management, or a related field;
2. Ten years of experience in grounds and building maintenance;
3. Five years of supervisory experience over a facilities operation;
4. Experience in construction, working with architects, contractors, and state construction personnel.
1. Master’s degree with emphasis on facilities or project management;
2. One year of experience working in the North Carolina Community College System.
Supervises and coordinates activities of supervisors and workers engaged in maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings and maintaining grounds. Assists in coordinating all aspects of physical plant maintenance, including minor renovations and general facilities maintenance operations. Provides general management and professional direction for comprehensive facilities management that includes facilities maintenance and repairs, facilities renovation and major maintenance, utilities distribution, custodial, landscaping, special event set-ups and other maintenance services to multiple campuses.
1. Manages the maintenance and operation of multi-campus facilities, grounds, mechanical equipment and utilities distribution;
2. Provides technical direction to multi-campuses;
3. In coordination with the Business Manager, Facilities and Operations, develops and controls department budget, building and grounds remodeling and major maintenance projects;
4. Receives calls and work orders from the College staff, prioritizing and assigning to trades depending on status of requests such as emergency, hazardous condition, major repair, etc.;
5. Develops and administers departmental policies and procedures;
6. Manages and evaluates assigned staff;
7. Develops, plans and initiates physical plant maintenance and repair projects;
8. Makes accommodations for accessibility and develops and implements sustainable practices;
9. Initiates and approves requisitions for purchase of materials, supplies and contractor’s services;
10. Maintains records, files, and databases, and utilizes such to develop a program of metrics by which the performance of the organization can be measured and communicated to others;
11. Develops controls and procedures to promote facilities management and work production;
12. Assists in the recruitment, employment, assignment, transfer, promotion, or dismissal of all plant operations’ personnel;
13. Develops and coordinates preventative maintenance programs, energy conservation programs, and M&O/Crafts training programs;
14. Oversees in-house remodeling and construction projects, and represents the college on project management teams for major capital projects while serving as capital projects coordinator;
15. Responsible for compliance with SACSCOC standards pertaining to facilities;
16. Keeps the Vice President for Business and Finance/CFO informed on maintenance problems, cost, construction projects, etc.;
17. Remains on-call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and maintains a current and readily available telephone number;
18. Assumes other responsibilities as directed by the Vice President for Business and Finance/CFO.