Mayland Community College is located in the heart of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. We are centrally located within an hour's drive of Asheville, Hickory, Boone and Johnson City, TN.
Closes: Sunday, August 20, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate Degree and six (6) years of related experience
- Experience researching, developing, and submitting grant proposals to various potential donors through state, federal, and private foundation entities
- Maintenance, cultivation and renewal of existing donors
- Possess ability to work in collaborative manner with all school staff
- Grant writing experience within a community college or educational setting
Same as Minimum Qualifications
The Director of Resource Development is responsible for the development, writing, submission, and administration of funding proposals that advance the mission of the College and assist in the implementation of the institution's long- and short-term goals and objectives under general supervision of the President of Mayland Community College.
- Research, identify, and monitor sources of funding; including federal, state, and local agencies, North Carolina Community College System, corporations, and public foundations.
- Develop and maintain a library and database of grant sources, guides, and technical information.
- Collect and disseminate information about funding opportunities to faculty, staff, and community partners on potential grant opportunities and the proposal development process.
- Coordinate all phases of grant proposal development, writing, and submission in cooperation with faculty, staff, administration, and college departments.
- Serve as primary preparer of grant proposals and applications and as final check-off on all grants originating within the college prior to submission to Vice President and/or President for approval and signatures.
- Develop and maintain resources to assist directors and managers of grant funded projects and activities in managing their grants, documenting attainment of project objectives, and generating required reports to funding organizations.
- Actively participate in college planning processes to ensure integration with grant development and implementation.
- Work with Director of Institutional Effectiveness to compile and maintain a list of identified institutional/program needs to coordinate with available funding sources.
How to Apply
Mayland Community College
All applicants must complete an employment application (MCC will not accept a resume in lieu of an application) and you will be required to submit a copy of your transcript to complete the application process. “Unofficial transcripts” may be submitted with the application. To apply for this position, click on the link below:
Job Post Contact
Judy A. McClure, PHR, SHRM-CP
Director, Human Resources
Mayland Community College