Closes: Thursday, May 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting or related field and 4 years of related work experience
Experience in a Higher Education environment and Sponsored Programs administration
Knowledge of Datatel/Ellucian system
Director of Sponsored Programs will be located on the Levine Campus.
Monitors and coordinates activities within the Sponsored Programs Department at CPCC’s Levine Campus. Provides customer service to students and College personnel concerning transactions relating to Cashiering and Sponsored Programs.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and oversees the daily operations of the Business Office at Levine Campus: evaluates the department’s operations and activities, recommending internal controls and process improvements as necessary; interprets, applies and ensures compliance with College policies and procedures, federal and states laws and regulations.
- Responsible for the overall direction and effective management of Sponsored Programs including hiring, training, supporting, developing and supervising personnel.
- Coordinates invoices/billing and assigns sponsors to designated staff as it pertains to Sponsor Programs.
- Represents the campus on the Administrative Services Council, and coordinates assigned campus programs/resources with Administrative Services Managers to support activities and services with academic programs.
- Oversee the daily deposit and petty cash for Levine campus.
- Recommends and assists in the implementation of goals and objectives for the Business Office at Levine Campus.
- Develops and manages Administrative Services budget for assigned campus.
- Responsible for monitoring and auditing Sponsor Accounts for accuracy.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring the collection of Sponsor Receivables.
- Participates in Campus and College Committees, Conferences, and Task Forces.
- Work in connection with College’s Bookstore and Financial Aid to help collect and maintain accounts and other miscellaneous types of debt for the bookstore.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Knowledge and understanding of CPCC policies and procedures
Knowledge of GAAP and GASB as well as college and component unit standard business practices
Oral and written communication skills
Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment
Ability to develop practices and suggest procedural changes
Managerial and supervisory expertise, along with employee leadership skills
Knowledge of policies and practices relating to budgeting and accounting
Knowledge of computer and financial services related software applications
Ability to communicate effectively and deliver presentations
Proven expertise in budget and financial reporting with ability to accurately analyze complex financial and accounting data
How to Apply
Job Post Contact