Haywood Community College
185 Freedlander Drive
Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, December 7, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Masters degree in Early Childhood Education, Special Education, or Child Development and Family Relationships with no less than 18 graduate hours in degree area. Teaching experience required.
See minimum requirement.
The purpose of this position is to provide quality instruction in the Early Childhood Education program. Primarily instruction and public service and those forms of research which promote and enhance the college's commitment to excellence in instructions and which supports the current needs of the students and faculty; curriculum development; maintaining professional competence; Faculty members are responsible to a department/division chair or team facilitator, sometimes a coordinator. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of leader, teacher, advisor and facilitator of learning.
- Maintain annually updated course syllabi and provide each student with a written statement of course requirements at the beginning of the semester including tests, course content and competencies and evaluation.
- Prepares course materials; use appropriate teaching techniques including delivering lectures, leading discussions and laboratory demonstrations; and perform other activities, which are related to and meet the requirements of the courses.
- Conducts evaluations of student performance and assign grades on the basis of such evaluations.
- Maintains records of student and grades according to college and state policy and procedure.
- Maintains posted office hours as required by College policy and procedure and be available for student conferences and tutoring.
- Responsible for the development and revision of course content, textbook/equipment selection, instructional materials and teaching assignments/scheduling.
- Responsible for administering student surveys in classes as prescribed by College procedure.
- Participates in the development and implementation of programs and agreements and promote student participation in such programs.
- Maintains professional skills and expertise through continual study and research in discipline.
- Performs other duties and as required and assigned.
How to Apply
Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at www.haywood.edu, click on the Jobs tab then select position applying for.
- Application must be complete for consideration- do not reference resume. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites.
- Must provide 3 professional references with email addresses. References may not be current HCC employee.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the final candidate to the college president.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus.
HCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution