Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Thursday, October 19, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Bachelor’s degree;
2. Two years of experience in career coaching and educational pathway development;
3. Experience with networking with state agencies and various workforce development partners.
1. Knowledge-base of North Carolina community college academic program areas;
2. Experience with the NCCCS College Information System (CIS), Career Readiness Certification database, or any other comprehensive database system.
Job Description Summary
This position operates as the key point of entry for Department of Social Service (DSS) Education and Training clients entering the college and supporting clients in successfully accessing education and training services within the college.
1. Defines educational pathway for Education and Training (E&T) clients based on assessment and client goals to include options in Adult Literacy, Occupational Training, Employability Skills and Curriculum programs;
2. Provides educational assessments to referred Education and Training clients;
3. Provides employability skills training opportunities within the DSS County office as appropriate;
4. Provides DSS County staff with informational material on community college educational opportunities, schedules and Education Navigator contact;
5. Collaborates with DSS County staff on tracking E&T clients through educational plan to include Entry, Progression, Completion and Outcomes;
6. Collaborates with partner organizations to develop referral sources to support E&T clients in reaching a successful completion;
7. Coordinates with DSS to establish a reverse referral process for community college students to DSS for FNS E&T services as appropriate;
8. Collaborates with DSS Interagency team to develop models of community college and DSS County office partnerships to support student success and DSS vision;
9. Assists NCCCS in developing 50/50 reimbursable models of funding for sustainable community college partnerships;
10. Assists other NC community colleges in implementing partnership models with local DSS county offices as E&T plans scale across the state;
11. Participates in state level meetings and conferences to share best practices and challenges to implementation;
12. Other job-related tasks as assigned.