- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, November 19, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree; must have a current certification at EMT-Paramedic level, and have (or expediently obtain Instructor Level II Credentials from the North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Services and a Bachelor degree within two-years of hire date. Must possess and maintain a valid North Carolina driver's license.
Bachelor's degree: Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Basic Trauma Life Support (BTLS) and CPR instructor/coordinator credentials and National Registry Paramedic.
Primary duties are to coordinate training programs and courses including First Aid, CPR, First Responder, EMT-Basic, EMT–Intermediate and EMT–Paramedic, and to assure compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations. Duties include the preparation of schedules and budgets, hiring and supervision of personnel, evaluation and development of new training, and serving as a liaison with the emergency medical community. This position reports to the Vice President of Workforce Development.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
Develops and administers emergency medical service training courses and assessments; creates and submits course schedules; selects, schedules, and trains instructors; performs quality assurance inspections, including reviewing instructor presentations and monitoring participant progress; interviews and evaluates students; and provides performance feedback and remediation, if necessary.
Coordinates with emergency medical agencies in-person or via phone or email, to solicit program support and student sponsorships, and provide feedback and recommendations for hired/sponsored students.
Prepares, maintains, reviews, and/or updates reports, class and student files, and other paperwork and documents, using general procedural and specialized knowledge, to record program operations; communicates information to college administration and external agencies; ensures compliance with federal, state, and college regulations, laws, guidelines, and procedures.
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Substitute for other instructors within field or discipline in the case of an absence.
Basic Computer skills including use of Microsoft Office
1. Participation in College, Division, and Program Activities
- Serves on college, divisional, and program committees as assigned.
- Participate in meetings and events required by the college, division, and program administrators.
- Respond in a timely fashion to information requests from college, division, and program administrators.
- Support both part-time and full-time colleagues.
- Contribute to program and division curriculum development processes.
- Participate in graduation ceremonies.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills in communication with students, colleagues, staff, and administrators as an individual or as a part of a team.
2. Contribution to Growth and Enhancement of College Mission and Programs
- Maintain familiarity with college goals, mission, and long-range plans.
- Contribute to planning and development processes through appropriate mechanisms and channels.
- Participate in professional activities that contribute to the educational goals of the college and its constituents.
- Perform professional responsibilities in accordance with pertinent goals, missions, and plans of the college, division, and programs.
- Participate in the marketing, recruitment, and retention of students, faculty, and staff.
3. Classroom and Administrative Duties
- Teach classes as assigned on and off campus.
- Teach credit or non-credit courses within field or discipline as needed.
- Post and maintain regular office hours to ensure accessibility to colleagues and to students for advisement and consultation.
- Serve as faculty advisor within the current college advisement system.
- Prepare, distribute, and submit syllabi and approved course outlines for all assigned sections in accordance with program and divisional policies.
- Maintain confidentiality of student information.
- Exercise stewardship of college facilities and materials.
- Record and provide attendance data in accordance with College Policies and Procedures.