Statesville and Mooresville, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, June 1, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Teach day and evening in-person and/or online classes
· Develop appropriate course goals and objectives along with evaluation methods that accurately measure student learning.
· Be thoroughly prepared for each instructional responsibility.
· Maintain an up-to-date syllabus for each course.
· Conduct class activities that are consistent with course objectives.
· Work with coordinator to order needed equipment and supplies.
· Be available to students outside of class time through e-mail, telephone, and individual meetings as needed.
· Accurately complete and submit all required reports and student records by stated deadlines and return all College materials and grade books at the end of each semester.
· Attend any required faculty, division, or departmental meetings.
· Work cooperatively with faculty, staff and students in a congenial and professional manner.
· Comply with College policies and procedures.
· Remain current in the field of study.
· Communicate effectively.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to teach composition, literature, and research skills.
· Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the subject(s) taught.
· Demonstrated ability to plan and organize courses; use a variety of teaching and learning strategies.
· Demonstrated ability to ensure student success, utilize effective classroom management skills, and employ effective and appropriate evaluations of student performance.
· Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to open-access community college philosophy, diversity issues, and instructional technology.
· Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the unique nature and role of the College as a learning-centered institution.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Master's degree in English preferred or master’s degree in related field with 18 graduate hours in English.
· Demonstrated experience in teaching in a community college setting is a plus.
Standard classroom environment, usually indoors, away from elements, with moderate noise.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to maintain a stationary position for an extended period; move about the classroom, operate and position computers, as needed; and frequently communicate with students. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
This is a part-time position. Teach day and evening in-person and/or online classes at both Statesville and Mooresville campuses.
Local travel is required, including between campus locations.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact