Closes: Friday, October 20, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution and one year of job related work experience
Equipment Specialist position will be located on the Central Campus.
Performs a variety of complex administrative and technical tasks which may include, but
are not limited to, responding to inquiries and requests, reviewing documents, resolving discrepancies, gathering information, entering information into computer system, labeling and tracking of college fixed assets, and supporting the daily operations of the department.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Collects equipment related research data, coordinates preparation of the data, reviews for accuracy, and makes any necessary edits.
- Enters equipment data and corrections into the college computer system (Colleague).
- Reviews data after entered into Colleague and makes any necessary adjustments and corrections.
- Organizes and prepares equipment reports as well as collecting and summarizing data for end-users and answers data-related inquiries.
- Helps to ensure that new, donated and surplus equipment is properly processed and recorded by assigning new equipment number tags, replacing worn or lost tags, and maintaining logs and records according to all local, state and federal regulations.
- Assists in the annual equipment process of all college-owned equipment by documenting (scanning) existing fixed assets on all campuses.
- Assists in the transfer, sale or disposal of college fixed assets.
- Responds to any inquiry that the external constituencies might have regarding any equipment reports, policies, and procedures as well as assisting the appropriate authorities during audits and inspections.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Knowledge of college’s and state’s guidelines, rules and regulations
- Ability to work and adapt equipment procedures with guidelines
- Knowledge of purchasing, accounting and record keeping basic principles
- Knowledge of computer and office software applications, including MS Excel and Colleague
- Ability to analyze problems and identify solutions
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Excellent customer service skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact