On & Offsite JCC Campus Locations, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education Minimum: Associate's degree in education, foreign language, linguistics or similar field.
Experience Minimum: ESL teaching experience in a postsecondary environment. Experience coordinating and implementing marketing/advertising efforts for educational events within a community.
Education Preferred: A Bachelor's degree in education, foreign language, linguistics or similar field. TEFL, TESL, TESOL, or Interpreter certification(s).
Experience Preferred: Specific experience with online instruction and educational technology. Experience working with the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of students. Certification and experience with the standardized test CASAS.
Provide instruction in assigned class(es) in coordination with Director of Basic Skills and established course model syllabus/syllabi. Create a learning and teaching environment for students in accordance with the educational objectives of the college. Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
- Teach assigned classes – day and evening as needed.
- Coordinate the development of academic programming in ESL to meet the diverse needs of the student population.
- Ensure ESL students are meeting performance gains through pre and post testing on a standardized exam (CASAS).
- Maintain accurate attendance and scholastic records of students in accordance with Basic Skills policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and implement marketing events throughout the local community to promote and recruit ESL classes/students.
- Monitor ESL classes to ensure proper recruitment and retention of students.
- Serve as an academic advisor to students.
- Participate in communications with the college and department and meet deadlines as required.
- Complete training sessions and professional development activities as required by the NCCCS and the college.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism as a representative of the college.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are required. Bilingual – Spanish & English – preferred.
- Ability to perform basic math computations including adding, subtracting, multiplying and averaging all units of measure.
- Ability to compute fractions, percent and decimals.
- Ability to use effective critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
To perform this job successfully an individual should be proficient in a Windows environment and have knowledge of email systems, Power Point, Excel, Blackboard and online lab environments.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact