Closes: Friday, September 1, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s degree in field related to facility operations and maintenance, and four (4) years of experience in facilities operations or maintenance; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Supervisory principles.
• Applicable system maintenance, repair and installation principles and methods.
• Equipment operating and maintenance techniques.
• Facility management systems for service requests and work orders.
• Facility management systems for preventative maintenance.
• Building management control systems for HVAC, lighting, security, and door access;
• Contract work principles.
• Recordkeeping principles.
• Inventory principles.
• Safety procedures.
• Basic budgeting principles.
Associate Degree / Bachelor Degree in Facility Management, Construction Management Business Administration or Engineering.
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking a Facility Operations & Maintenance Supervisor who will coordinate assigned Facility Operations and Maintenance activities and supervise skilled, semi- skilled, and janitorial staff engaged in the operations and maintenance of assigned facilities. Responsibilities include management of building automation systems, service requests work order systems, inspecting facilities/equipment and prioritizing and assigning tasks; implementing and managing preventative maintenance programs; selecting and monitoring the work of contractors; purchasing supplies and equipment; and monitoring related expenses. Incumbents supervise staff by assigning work, conducting performance evaluations, approving time off, providing recommendations for hiring, promotion and termination.