Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Tuesday, November 28, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Associate’s degree;
2. Two years of experience in student services related position or one year of experience in financial aid position in higher education setting;
3. Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
1. Two years of financial aid experience.
Job Description Summary
Assists students, prospective students, and parents with all aspects of financial aid both in person and via phone and email communications. Ensures excellent customer service by guiding students through the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), intake, assessment and verification of supporting documentation, providing financial aid assistance and outreach to high school educators and other target markets.
• Assists students on phone and in person, answering detailed questions about financial aid;
• Evaluates submitted documentation and forms for accuracy and compliance;
• Scans and routes necessary information and forms into SIS and document imaging systems;
• Performs quality assurance during verification of requested documents;
• Processes outside agency forms;
• Assists with student correspondence and reports as needed;
• Enters student information into the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) and Common Origination Disbursement (COD) information;
• Other job related responsibilities as necessary.