Closes: Monday, October 16, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year customer service experience in a Café setting.
- ServSafe Certification or Food Handler Certification.
- 1 year experience in a customer service setting.
- 1 year cash handling experience.
The Food Service Staff assist with the day-to-day functions of the Stanly Community College Café. This position is responsible for preparing food, cooking, assisting customers, cleaning, and stocking of customer areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Heavy lifting required of at least 25 – 50 pounds.
- Long periods of standing, in a warm environment.
- Prepare food as prescribed by the menu.
- Ensure safe use and operation of commercial kitchen equipment.
- Adhere to local and state sanitation guidelines.
- Checking in food vendors.
- Ensure proper storage of food in the First-In, First-Out (FIFO) method.
- Stocking customer areas with product or supplies.
- Cleaning the kitchen area and dining areas of the Café.
- Operate POS system to sell items to customers.
- Assist as needed with SCC catered events.
- Assist as needed with the cleaning of ranges, ovens, refrigerators, freezers, and other food service equipment.
- Assist with keeping the Food Service Manager up-to-date of any issues that arise on a day-to-day basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Technician
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001