Instructors needed at both North and Wilmington Campus
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Required Education/Training
• This position requires a Master’s degree earned from a regionally accredited college or university with at least 18 graduate semester hours in Mathematics courses.
Minimum Required Experience
• No prior experience is required but there is a preference that an applicant have prior teaching experience as a Mathematics Instructor on the college level.
• Knowledge of and ability to teach one or more of the Mathematics courses offered in the Math/Engineering/PE Department. Course descriptions are in the CFCC Catalog.
• Prior experience in teaching at post-secondary level is preferred
To provide classroom instruction to students through lecture, demonstration, laboratory exercises, handouts, responding to questions, and testing.
• Receives general supervision from the Chair of Math/Engineering/PE
• May exercise functional and technical supervision over instructional assistants
• Provide classroom and laboratory instruction to students.
• Prepare lesson plans and schedule classroom activities; develop, and prepare supplemental materials to enhance textbook lessons.
• Develop and prepare tests to evaluate student performance; grade and record individual scores.
• Provide prompt and appropriate professional correspondence, such as emails and phone class, with students, including but not limited to, grading and returning assignments and posting scores and grades.
• Act as an advisor and counselor to students; provide individual tutoring to students outside of the classroom as needed.
• Provide classroom demonstrations using various equipment and technology; develop assignments to provide student experience as appropriate.
• Participate in curriculum development, evaluation, and change; attend meetings as required
• Maintain accurate records of student attendance, and performance; maintain other records and databases according to program needs or accreditation requirements.
• Oversee the implementation of policies and procedures related to required teaching area.
• Participate on college committees and in other institutional activities and programs as appropriate
• Maintain office and on campus hours as appropriate.