Closes: Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Security or other directly related discipline, and 5+ years’ experience in a network, computer and/or information security related field, OR an Associates degree in Information Security or other directly related discipline, and 7+ years’ experience in a network, computer and/or information security related field.
Note: Degrees and hours must be from a college accredited by a United States Department of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACS.
• Demonstrated knowledge or successful record of formal training/education in Microsoft, Apple Mac OS X & iOS, Linux/UNIX, and network operating systems.
• Master’s degree in related field.
• 5+ years of progressive leadership experience in computing and information security, including experience with internet technologies and security issues.
• Formal certification in Information Security Management: CompTIA Security+, CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc.
• Cybersecurity experience in an academic environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Establish, manage, and execute processes for monitoring cyber security strategies, compliance controls, and programs to meet Forsyth Tech’s business needs. Serve as a technical subject matter resource providing expertise in the security domain and provide technical direction and oversight to lead compliance efforts with security control frameworks such as HIPAA and PCI.
• Collaborate with the Associate Vice President of ITS and CIO in creating and managing Information Security Policy for the organization.
• Oversee the selection, development, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, and enhancement of the organization’s cyber security technology.
• Maintain and oversee the implementation of the ITS disaster recovery program, implementing industry best practices and ensuring technology availability.
• Provide oversight for developing, implementing, and managing ITS’ disaster recovery program to ensure timely technology operations recovery following an interruption in service caused by a technology system outage or declared disaster.
• Direct the assessment of business and technology risks to ensure such risks are appropriately identified and evaluated. Oversee the development and implementation of appropriate measures to identify risks associated with applications and business functions.
• Provide management and oversight to all activities related to technology compliance with regulatory as well as audit requirements, ensuring that technology best practices are being followed for Information Security and Disaster Recovery.
• Build and cultivate a collaborative partnership with various business units across the College to identify potential information security risks and opportunities. Continually seek and consider innovative solutions to business problems and apply as relevant in support of the organization’s mission.
• Coordinate and execute ITS security projects within ITS and across the College. Perform risk assessments of new projects, applications, and 3rd party vendors, including Business Impact Analysis, security requirements, and manage residual risk documentation.
• Collaborate with other areas of ITS to manage and appropriately mitigate security vulnerabilities. Coordinate application and network penetration testing and vulnerability scanning for individual projects and annual testing initiatives. The role will also coordinate the organization’s response to information security incidents.
• . Work with key business and ITS teams to promote security initiatives, best practices, and general security awareness.
• Act as a backup to the primary network administrator when needed.
• Conduct ongoing research to keep abreast of the latest security trends and issues. This includes creating and managing a cyber risk dashboard for presenting information security risk to management.
• Participate in emergency support 24/7 on-call rotation.
• Research and implement special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Treat others respectfully, speak to others courteously, and behave in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
• Model an understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this Position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee will regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear.
• The employee may frequently stand, walk, and sit.
• The employee may occasionally reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee may lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• This is an office environment.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.