Closes: Monday, October 23, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public, or Education Administration, or a related field. Note: Degrees and hours must be from a college accredited by a United States Department of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACSCOC.
• Minimum of two (2) years successful work experience in related area.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with internal and external clients.
• Computer experience should include a variety of software packages, including word processing, databases, spread sheets, and presentation packages such as PowerPoint.
Experience in Instructional Services
The Coordinator of Instructional Planning will report to the Vice President of Instructional Services and will coordinate with the academic divisions, marketing, student services and others on behalf of Instructional Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Treat others respectfully, speak to others courteously, and behave in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
• Model an understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
• Coordinate the credit scheduling process, working with deans, department chairs, program coordinators, and support staff in the academic divisions as well as the off-campus centers and other educational programs.
• Make recommendations each semester to the Vice President, academic dean, and department chairs on course additions, course cancellations, and schedule adjustments.
• Schedule the use of classrooms, meeting rooms, conference rooms, etc. on the main campus and in collaboration with the West Campus and off-campus centers.
• Coordinate with the academic divisions and student services the assignment process of advisors. Generate the advisor assignment process and distribute appropriate information.
• Generate various reports using Informer (enrollment, course capacities, registration information, course information, etc.) on a regular basis and as requested by other college staff.
• Consult with the Coordinator for Program Development and Audit on issues relating to curriculum planning and implementation.
• Coordinate, review, and make recommendations regarding all information on the college web site related to instructional services.
• In consultation with student services and the academic divisions, develop advising workshops and update the Faculty Advising Handbook.
• In consultation with the vice president, the academic deans, and institutional research, coordinate a review of both the effectiveness and efficiency of the academic programs/courses.
• Serve as chair or co-chair of the Commencement Committee and coordinate all the planning for the commencement ceremony.
• Support instructional compliance with accreditation standards of SACS-COC and other accrediting bodies.
• Serve on various college committees as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this Position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee will regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear.
• The employee may frequently stand, walk, and sit.
• The employee may occasionally reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee may lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This is an office environment.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.