Closes: Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s degree. Note: Degrees and hours must be from a college accredited by a United States
Department of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACSCOC.
! Supervisory experience
! Teaching experience in K-12 or higher education
! Online teaching experience
! Experience taking an online class
! Course design experience
! Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team, to meet deadlines, and to manage competing projects and priorities with minimal supervision
! Master’s degree in instructional design, learning sciences or related field. Note: Degrees and hours must be from a college accredited by a United States Department of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACS.
! Experience with Quality Matters
! Three years of experience in instructional design, instructional technology,
education, or related field.
! Current or former faculty member in higher education
! Two years of experience teaching online.
The Director Faculty Development & Instructional Design provides leadership for the development and implementation of a comprehensive faculty and instructional development program that promotes excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and technology. This position collaborates with faculty, leadership, and other colleagues in the implementation of faculty and instructional development programming that supports campus plans and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Treat others respectfully, speak to others courteously, and behave in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
• Model an understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
• Apply the elements of the College’s Core Values in a way that promotes a professionalism, respect, and a positive working attitude.
• Direct daily operations, marketing, programs, and strategic initiatives for faculty development and instructional design.
• Supervise instructional designers and manage all contracted services.
• Assist the Dean of the Center for Transformative Learning in the leadership and evaluation of distance education.
• Translate educational jargon to business language, and vice versa, to ensure the Center for Transformative Learning operates as a business that promotes the mission, vision, and values of faculty development.
• Serve as program and project manager for all faculty development programs and initiatives.
• Conduct a quarterly needs assessment to determine faculty and instructional development means.
• Partner with instructional leadership and Talent & Knowledge Development
Department to manage the faculty development onboarding process.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret computer periodicals, professional journals ,
technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, software documentation, procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situation.
• Basic knowledge of accounting procedures.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or, diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to use computer terminals, personal computers, and common productivity applications software including Word Processing, Editing, and Database Management in the Windows PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee will regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear.
• The employee may frequently stand, walk, and sit.
• The employee may occasionally reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in proximity to other employees.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.environment.