Asheville-Buncome Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Thursday, August 17, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Associate’s degree in graphic design, communications, or a related field; or Associate degree in web design, or digital media;
2. Graphic design experience;
3. Familiarity with web design;
4. Familiarity with Macintosh computers and proficiency with a variety of graphic design, word processing, presentation, database, and spreadsheet software;
5. Ability to: complete assignments in a timely manner, meet strict deadlines, coordinate several projects and activities simultaneously and work in a team environment;
6. Experience assessing project needs and developing and promoting multiple projects and solutions;
7. Demonstrated customer/client service experience;
8. Demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain an institutional relationship with printers;
9. Photography/videography experience.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or related field;
2, Two or more years work experience as a graphic designer;
3. Web design experience;
4. Experience working as a graphic designer in a college, institutional or corporate setting.
Job Description Summary
Serves as part of a creative services team responsible for implementing the College’s total marketing/communications program, including media relations, publications, websites, social media, advertising and general marketing and promotion of College activities and events to internal and external audiences.
1. Provides creative design for advertising, brochures, fliers, postcards, posters, publications (such as the college catalog, annual report, curriculum schedule or college magazine), and more.
2. Produces miscellaneous print jobs using state-of-the-art digital printing equipment.
3. Manages internal and vendor proofing processes.
4. Coordinates and places print advertising with various advertising outlets.
5. Coordinates and procures printed collateral according to state purchasing requirements.
6. Assists with web design.
7. Takes photographs for college publications.
8. Maintains records of work and project server.
9. Other duties as assigned.