Closes: Sunday, May 27, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to anticipate tasks and begin without waiting for instructions to do so.
- Working knowledge of computer applications.
- Valid North Carolina driver's license.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Prior experience in grounds and maintenance work is required.
Prefer two years' experience in general maintenance.
The Grounds/Maintenance Technician will perform outside grounds work; including mowing, trimming, etc. This position also helps with semi-skilled work in the maintenance and repair of buildings and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain grounds (i.e. raking, cutting grass, trimming shrubbery, plant flowers, fertilize and mulch lawns)
- Remove debris from campus after inclement weather, clear snow/ice from walkways, leaf pickup and removal.
- Repair, operate and care for power equipment and hand tools; also maintain service records.
- Assist in building maintenance work such as basic plumbing, painting, carpentry and electrical work.
- Make basic repairs to buildings and equipment as needed.
- Replace light bulbs and ballasts as needed.
- Change filters on air handlers as needed.
- Maintain campus appearance at all times.
- Move furniture between offices and buildings.
- Assist with setups and teardowns for college events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
How to Apply
Job Post Contact