Main Campus - Smithfield, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, June 30, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Diploma in Gunsmithing or Diploma Computer Integrated Machining Technology
Experience Minimum: 3-5 years in the Gunsmithing field.
Preferred: Associate's degree in Gunsmithing or Computer Integrated Machining Technology
Preferred: Armorer certification from any reputable fire arm manufacture, with advanced knowledge in the areas of CAD/CAM, Manual and CNC machining
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to instruct in the theory, computer skills, and operation of machine tools associated with the gunsmithing industry. Employees in this classification perform instructional work. Position is responsible for teaching classes and instructing students; preparing lesson plans; preparing tests; evaluating work; and counseling and advising students. Perform related work as required. Open until filled.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teaches classes: instruct students on use of shop and computer drafting, CAD/CAM machining equipment.
- Supervises work experience activities; evaluates students' work.
- Prepares lesson plans and activities; writes course overviews and outlines.
- Maintains shop equipment; machine repairs and general maintenance.
- Determines need for and requisitions supplies; ensures proper storage and security of supplies; obtains quotes as needed.
- Prepares attendance reports and administers attendance policy; Administrators and responds to annual evaluation report.
- Averages grades and prepares student grade reports.
- Counsels and advises students.
- Recruits new students for programs.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Mathematical Skills: Applicant must have a working knowledge of Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry.
Computer Skills: Applicant must have basic computer and key boarding skills. Microsoft office knowledge a plus as this job will require the use of this software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Any certifications or license a plus
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact