Closes: Thursday, August 31, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree in education, counseling, human services or a related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Two years of experience working with a public secondary school system or a postsecondary institution
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships within an education setting; plan, organize, and implement programs and services; and provide tracking and assessment to ensure quality
- Experience in advising high school students for college courses and/or career opportunities
The High School Career Coach will report to the Director of Educational Partnerships and Initiatives. The Career Coach will be based in an area high school(s) and is responsible for helping high school students define their career aspirations and identifying community college programs and/or training to meet those aspirations and achieve their educational goals. The Career Coach will empower students to make informed decisions regarding career and educational plans in preparation for success in post-secondary education and training.
- Work in collaboration with high school counselors and career development coordinators (CDC) to promote CTE degree options/careers and develop Career Development Plans
- Assist in development of 9-14 career pathways
- Provide career exploration, planning, and development guidance and college advisement to high school students
- Engage students, counselors, faculty, parents, and all other stakeholders with information sessions related to college opportunities; participate in school-related activities in which RCC and articulated credit can be promoted (Parent Nights, grade-level meetings, etc.)
- Conduct academic advising sessions with students
- Maintain accurate and adequate student records to assist in academic/career advising and registration of high school learners
- Provide supportive interventions to help students succeed in high school/college courses; providing academic success strategies to facilitate successful transition, foster progression, and promote completion of credentials
- Monitor student progress in high school/college classes and work with students, parents/guardians, and instructors to develop plans for success, i.e., track attendance, academic progress, early warning
- Conduct orientations for RCC high school students at the beginning of each semester
- Manage college textbooks at high school sites
- Maintain quality partnerships with secondary school personnel in collaboration with the Director of Educational Partnerships and Initiatives
- Maintain quality partnerships with local business and industry leaders to promote career readiness among students and develop career exploration opportunities (job-shadowing, internships, industry tours, etc.)
- Provide assistance to students during their transition from secondary to postsecondary institutions
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Educational Partnerships and Initiatives to execute initiatives in assigned high school(s)
- Participate in team meetings and professional development activities, as recommended by the Director of Educational Partnerships and Initiatives
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Educational Partnerships and Initiatives
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205