Closes: Thursday, August 31, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Demonstrated excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated and documented competency in planning, organizing and administering activity based programs within an organization
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees
- Ability to work cooperatively and maintain positive relationship with other departments within the college and outside agencies
- Ability to work effectively in a team and without close supervision
- Ability to plan work, set priorities and to distinguish between the important and the urgent
- Understanding of the comprehensive community college philosophy.
Under the general direction of the VP of Workforce and Community Development, the Human Resources Development Coordinator/Instructor will be responsible for organizing, implementing, and administering the Human Resources Development (HRD) program. In order to fulfill the requirements of the position, the Coordinator will perform the following functions.
- Develop, deliver, and administrate the College’s Human Resources Development (HRD) program.
- Design a comprehensive marketing plan for program promotion
- Provide documentation of program successes
- Hire qualified instructors
- Conduct class visits
- Work closely with community partners and organizations
- Maintain accurate records required by Southeastern Community College and the North Carolina Community College System. To include instructor contracts, payroll, student fee waivers, release forms and class attendance for course and program compliance
- Serve as liaison between staff and the appropriate state office representatives in the North Carolina Community College System office, Columbus County agencies and/or employers with whom HRD works
- Assist in program planning, awareness, recruitment, and class evaluations
- Develop innovative teaching methods
- Work with instructors to select and recommend instructional materials
- Assist with coordination, counseling, placements, and follow-up for HRD courses and students
- Assist in the coordination, implementation and refinement of appropriate curriculum components for HRD
- Coordinate staff development for HRD instructional and support personnel
- Serve as an active member of the NCWorks Career Center Leadership team
- Coordinate the Career Readiness Certification (CRC) program
- Adhere to SCC policies and procedures
- Participate in professional development activities
- Serve on institutional committees
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Workforce and Community Development
How to Apply
A completed Southeastern Community College application form, a resume, and undergraduate and graduate transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Deadline for receipt of applications is 5:00pm on Thursday, August 31, 2017. Applications received after this date may not be considered.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, and P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact