Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Educational & Certification Requirements:
· A high school diploma or GED equivalency is the minimum educational requirement.
· A two-year associate degree in office technology or a related field is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
· 1 year of previous clerical experience is required.
· 2 or more years of previous clerical experience preferred.
· An understanding and commitment to the community college mission and philosophy is required.
· Excellent customer services skills in sometimes challenging situations.
· Strong oral communication skills.
· Ability to effectively manage conflict.
· High levels of accuracy and timeliness.
· Ability to work well under pressure and in high volume situations.
· Experienced in the use of a personal computer.
· Ability to learn GTCC programs, facilities, campuses, offices, etc. and to retain this information for daily communication with students, faculty, staff and the general public.
· Good organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Ability to identify problems and potential causes while developing and implementing action plans for solutions.
· Ability to work independently, make analytical decisions and display problem solving skills.
· Fluency in English.
· Ability to communicate in Spanish desired.
· Knowledge of FERPA desired.
· Familiarity with computerized switchboard is preferred.
Please see above minimum requirements.
The Information Assistant provides general college information and performs a variety of technical services related to admissions, records, financial aid and registration for students, faculty, staff and the general public, who contact the Enrollment Services Center Counter or Call Center. The Information Assistant serves as an intricate part of the college’s front door team and provides superior customer service; s/he supports the Enrollment Services goals and objectives. Fluency in English needed with an ability to communicate in Spanish desired.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact