Closes: Friday, August 18, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution in the discipline or related field and two years of experience.
• Base knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems
• Base knowledge of biomedical equipment
• Support of an educational lab environment and associated equipment
This position is located on the Central Campus.
Overview of Department/Division
Central Piedmont Community College’s Engineering Technology Division is part of the STEM Department in the Learning and Workforce Development Unit. This division is a thriving center for both workforce development and university transfer students with longstanding ETAC-ABET accredited curriculum programs, which includes Civil, Computer, Electrical, Electronics, and Mechanical Engineering. The division also has other successful programs such as Geomatics Technology, Mechatronics Engineering Technology, Engineering Science (AE transfer program), and Biomedical Equipment Technology.
This position will serve as an Instructional Lab Facilitator assisting in the Computer, Electrical, Electronics and Biomedical Equipment Technology areas.
Plans and coordinates laboratory activities to support instructional programs and provide tutorial services to students.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Monitors laboratory activities; enforces rules and regulations and ensures safe environment.
2. Monitors students in laboratory classes; assists students with laboratory class-related problems, tutors students, reviews student lab work, monitors student progress, proctors tests; and will assist in assigning grades under the supervision of the instructor of record.
3. Prepares facility for classes and ensures that work areas are clean and neat; ensures that equipment, materials, and handouts are laid out for classes.
4. Assists in maintaining laboratory equipment; performs simple maintenance, cleans and stores equipment when not in use, monitors condition, and notifies supervisor of any needed repairs.
5. Monitors inventory of materials and supplies, initiates ordering process as needed.
6. Researches and evaluates new equipment, and makes recommendations regarding purchase decisions.
7. Maintains a library of materials which may include books, tapes, and magazines.
8. Monitors activities of part-time student lab assistants; establishes schedules and assigns tasks.
9. Maintains records of laboratory activities and student files including grades and attendance.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact