Closes: Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Requires a high school diploma or GED; completion of a minimum of at least one (1) course beyond high school related to office or administrative support skills (may include computer or office technology skills); and one (1) year of full-time experience (or the equivalent in part-time) experience in an office environment working in an administrative support position
• Associates Degree in business or criminal justice related field
• Experience in law enforcement, forensic or public safety training
• Experience in Community College OE Training
Instructional Office Assistant position will serve the Mercanas Campus.
CPCC's American Academy of Applied Forensics (AAAF) and Law Enforcement Training programs provide specialized and in-service training to local, state and national law enforcement officers. This position supports both training programs in the administration and delivery of multiple sections of the training, including in person and online classes. This position will typically be the point of contact for officers and agencies, will be involved in student registration, the preparing class materials, as well as the after class paperwork including preparing certificates. Administrative responsibilities include monitoring and ordering supplies, maintaining records to ensure compliance with college and state audit requirements, overseeing and administering each program’s budget, website management and program marketing, assisting with the preparation of required reporting, and coordinating with local law enforcement partners.
The position will work directly with Program Developers on coordinating the instructor hiring process, administering contracts and instructor pay sheets, as well as paperwork for travel and compensation.
Performs a variety of standard to moderately complex administrative and clerical tasks in support of instruction programs, learning initiatives and operations of the Public Safety Department.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides detailed information to current students and prospective students regarding department's instruction programs and policies; responds to faculty and student inquiries by phone or in person.
2. May assist faculty with acquiring and assembling class materials, and equipment; may assist with coordination of new faculty orientation.
3. May process course forms and information; may enter course and faculty information into computer system.
4. May type and proofread a variety of instruction material including correspondence, reports, and exams; may gather, summarize, analyze and assist in preparing comprehensive reports for learning outcome and instruction program evaluation.
5. May assist in preparing teaching contracts for part-time faculty; may monitor class load to ensure contract compliance; may inform Director of any discrepancies.
6. May monitor budget of various academic units; may inform Director and/or Program Developer regarding budget status; may initiate budget transfers; may assist in compiling information for department's budget request.
7. May review requisitions content and conformance to current instruction and college policy; may make preliminary determination of compliance and refers to Director.
8. May monitor activity of the department to ensure all forms and reports are completed by deadline; may assist in completing forms and reports.
9. May perform various administrative tasks including maintaining calendar, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements and preparing authorization for reimbursement, and arranging meetings for Director, Program Developer and/or faculty.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment
- Knowledge of computer and Microsoft Office applications
- Writing and proofreading skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with the public and individuals from diverse backgrounds
How to Apply
Job Post Contact