Closes: Friday, June 30, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Requires a high school diploma or GED; completion of a minimum of at least one (1) course beyond high school related to office or administrative support skills (may include computer or office technology skills); and one (1) year of full-time experience (or the equivalent in part-time) experience in an office environment working in an administrative support position
This position is located on the Levine Campus.
Performs a variety of standard to moderately complex administrative and clerical tasks in support of instruction programs, learning initiatives and operations of an academic unit.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides detailed information to current students and prospective students regarding department's instruction programs and policies; responds to faculty and student inquiries by phone or in person.
2. May assist faculty with acquiring and assembling class materials, and equipment; may assist with coordination of new faculty orientation.
3. May process course forms and information; may enter course and faculty information into computer system.
4. May type and proofread a variety of instruction material including correspondence, reports, and exams; may gather, summarize, analyze and assist in preparing comprehensive reports for learning outcome and instruction program evaluation.
5. May assist in preparing teaching contracts for part-time faculty; may monitor class load to ensure contract compliance; may inform Division Director of any discrepancies.
6. May monitor budget of various academic units; may inform Division Director and/or Program Chair regarding budget status; may initiate budget transfers; may assist in compiling information for Department's budget request.
7. May review requisitions content and conformance to current instruction and college policy; may make preliminary determination of compliance and refers to Division Director.
8. May monitor activity of Department to ensure all forms and reports are completed by deadline; may assist in completing forms and reports.
9. May perform various administrative tasks including maintaining calendar, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements and preparing authorization for reimbursement, and arranging meetings for Division Director, Program Chair and/or faculty.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
* Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment
*Knowledge of computer and office applications
*Writing and proofreading skills
*Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
How to Apply
Job Post Contact