- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, September 18, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s Degree in the field of Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration
- Three years Industry Experience
- EPA Refrigerant Certification
- Prior community college teaching experience preferred
- NATE or ESCO certification preferred
Instructor, Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration (ACI) provides quality learning experiences, facilitates and evaluates the learning process, advises students, participates in professional development opportunities, and contributes to the development of curriculum, continuing education, and customized training courses/programs. The instructor will also ensure that lab(s) and equipment are safe and properly maintained.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach all assigned courses, in accordance with the College’s Faculty Teaching Load policy, for the full duration of scheduled instruction.
- Ensure that each class session contains essential curricular components, incorporates appropriate content and pedagogy, and is relevant to current events/trends.
- As needed, teach classes online, on-campus, and/or at off-campus sites.
- Teach an academic success class as needed.
- Evaluate student progress and provide appropriate, timely feedback.
- Maintain regular, appropriate, professional communication with students.
- Incorporate appropriate instructional technology to enhance student learning.
- Ensure cleanliness of instructional areas and laboratories.
- Ensure the proper operation of classroom/lab equipment, reporting any malfunctions to the appropriate person(s).
- Participate in the evaluation and acquisition of instructional materials, audiovisual aids, support and equipment needs.
- Develop and distribute course syllabi according to the established template and guidelines, providing appropriate information to students concerning course expectations, evaluation criteria, and access to student support services.
Other Services to Students
- Maintain appropriate accessibility for students while following the policies of Albemarle Correctional Institute.
- Serve as educational advisor to assigned students by providing academic and employment planning as needed.
- Maintain regular, appropriate, professional communication with advisees as needed.
- Participate in semester advising and registration activities as assigned.
- Verify graduation degree audits as assigned.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention efforts of the College as needed.
- Advocate and provide motivation for students.
- Communicate student needs to the Department/Program Head, the Correctional Institute coordinator, and appropriate staff at Albemarle Correctional Institute.
Divisional Administrative Expectations
- Prepare and submit instructional records, reports, grades, and all other required paperwork in a timely, efficient manner meeting all deadlines, checking for accuracy, correctness and completeness of all data.
- Remain current in discipline and instructional methods through professional development activities offered by the College and other opportunities including attendance at off-campus activities, webinars, etc., as approved.
- Participate in program and curriculum review.
- Serve on and actively contribute to college committees as assigned.
- Participate in campus activities.
- Participate in discipline, departmental, divisional, and institutional meetings and other announced co-curricular activities of the College.
- Maintain regular, professional communication within the college and affiliated industry contacts.
- Maintain posted office and on-campus hours sufficient to fulfill all contracted duties and individual professional obligations and meet the needs of the discipline, department, division, and College.
- Support all functions of the College, including compliance with all facets of the College's academic policies.
Other Duties Specific to this Position
- Provide and/or facilitate quality experiences in laboratory and/or clinical settings to meet program needs.
- Report any safety issues or equipment maintenance needs in the HVAC labs to the Program Head, the Correctional Institute Coordinator, and appropriate staff at Albemarle Correctional Institute.
***POSITION CONTINGENT ON FUNDING AVAILABILITY AND SACSCOC APPROVAL.
How to Apply
Please complete online application at www.stanly.edu/college-information/employment-opportunities.
NOTE: Only candidates that submit all the required documents will be considered. The required documents are resume, cover letter, and transcripts from every college from which a degree has been obtained. Documents should be uploaded during the application process.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Technician
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001