Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, September 14, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. AAS degree or relevant degrees Mechanical Engineering Technology or Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Technology;
2. Experience either in a manufacturing environment or as an industrial and commercial HVAC technician.
1. BS in Engineering or Engineering; Technology Teaching Experience;
2. Experience with hydraulic and pneumatic systems;
3. Experience with automation systems (such as robotics or PLCs);
4. Experience in an industrial or institutional setting.
Job Description Summary
Instruct courses within the Mechanical Engineering and Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration curriculums, and some related courses in other curriculums.
1. Prepares lesson plans and delivers instruction to students;
2. Supervises students in classroom, lab, field trips, and other hands-on experiences.
3. Develops teaching materials, activities, assignments, projects, and assessments for each course taught.
4. Oversees lab activities and assists with supply inventories.
5. Abides by policies, standards, goals and objectives of the College, the Division, and the Department.
6. Participates in assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation activities to improve the instructional quality of the program.
7. Serves on department, division, and college level committees.
8. Performs related duties such as advising students on curricula and acting as adviser to student organizations.
9. Seek opportunities for professional development.
10. Assists with keeping the shop organized and maintained.
11. Performs duties as assigned by the Department Chairpersons.
12. Teaches all or portions of some courses online as appropriate.