Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, August 31, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited institution;
2. Two years of full time work experience as a Registered Nurse;
3. Unrestricted RN License in NC;
4. Current CPR certification for professional rescuer.
1. Master of Science in Nursing Education or completion of the NCBON required preparation in teaching and learning principles;
2. Experience teaching in a college or university setting;
3. Recent experience, within the last year, in Pediatric Nursing or in an acute care setting;
4. Ability to use software applications for generating reports and documents, electronic medical record review, and Simulation charting activities.
Job Description Summary
Conduct college courses for undergraduate, pre-licensure students in Associate Degree Nursing. This individual must possess the knowledge and skills to teach and supervise students in classroom, laboratory and clinical settings as assigned.
1. Provides instruction for students in classroom, laboratory, simulation and clinical settings when assigned;
2. Maintains knowledge of and compliance with standards of North Carolina Board of Nursing;
3. Maintains knowledge of College policies, procedures, and practices;
4. Assesses student learning;
5. Effectively communicates with students, faculty and staff;
6. Develops and Maintains course documents;
7. Utilizes theory and evidence based research in the development of class content;
8. Ensures accurate and timely completion of course related college reports;
9. Creates an environment of safety and approachability for students;
10. Follows nursing program algorithm for disciplinary actions when indicated;
11. Strengthens the program via assessment planning, implementation, and evaluation;
12. Conducts student advising including career, academic, and curriculum support;
13. Assumes instructional responsibility of 17 to 22 contact hours per week;
14. Schedules at least five office hours per week for assisting students.
15. Schedules student clinical placement under the direction of the clinical coordinator;
16. Conducts team meetings with full time and adjunct faculty;
17. Serves on department, division and college wide committee as assigned;
18. Helps to prepare annual needs list for the budget;
19. Maintains continued competency as required by the North Carolina Board of Nursing and completes continuing education as required by the college;
20. Completes curriculum vitae update annually to include continuing education or other accomplishments;
21. Maintains unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina;
22. Maintains current immunization status including annual PPD requirement;
23. Maintains current American Heart Association CPR certification for the professional rescuer;
24. Abides by policies, standards, goals and objectives of the College, the Division, and the Department;
25. Performs other duties assigned by the Department Chairperson.