- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Educational & Certification Requirements:
A. Education – The adjunct faculty member will have the educational background needed to meet accreditation/approval, certification, and departmental requirements, as follows:
1. Associate Degree in Welding, Construction, Education, or other related fields from an accredited university preferred.
2. Will consider High School Graduate with post-secondary welding vocational education, apprenticeship, on-the-job training/experience, or informal training with experienced workers.
3. Additionally, a minimum of three years working as a Welder or similar position, AND at least three years of some supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
1. Minimum of two years of teaching or training experience. Community College teaching or training experience preferred.
2. Must have knowledge of community agencies/programs that serve the unemployed and under-employed.
The Instructor shall possess an understanding of and commitment to the nature and role of the Community College, particularly its “open door” policy. He/she shall have demonstrated personal and professional competence for the responsibilities assigned. The Instructor must be able to:
2. Demonstrate PC (personal computer) literacy
3. Respect Diversity
4. Adapt to changing procedures, protocols or assignments.
5. Create and maintain a learner centered environment
6. Communicate effectively
See above minimum requirements.
This position is responsible for providing quality instruction to students enrolled in the Continuing Education, MIG Welding course. The purpose of the instruction is to equip students with the necessary occupation-specific and employability skills for success in the workplace. This position is also responsible for maintaining required documents: class rosters, course syllabus, Student Membership Verification (SMV) forms, Classroom Sign in/out logs, student grade book, student progress notes, etc. Additionally, all adjuncts are required to complete Con Ed Moodle training in order to build and/or maintain a Moodle site for hybrid or online courses and to access the Instructor Resource Site.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact