Closes: Saturday, June 24, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution and 2-3 years of work experience requiring relevant skills and abilities. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
- Thorough knowledge of library policies relative to acquisitions and collection development and management
- Ability to provide high-quality acquisitions and collection development and management services to faculty and staff by handling basic inquiries, requests and projects requiring independent judgment
- Thorough knowledge of print and electronic information resources
- Strong competencies in using library computers, library related software and office applications
- Self-directed in learning and keeping up with current practices and technology for job responsibilities and to comply with the college professional development requirements
- Ability to work well with individuals with diverse backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Participates in staff meetings to discuss and resolve problems
- Arrives punctually at work and has good attendance
This position is located on the Central Campus.
Overview of Department/Division
Central Piedmont Community College Library Services is committed to supporting student, faculty and staff with the best possible information services at each of its seven (7) physical campus locations, as well as with electronic services through its web site. We directly support and strengthen teaching and learning by continually developing innovative student and learning-centered collections, services, and environments that lead to life-long educational development.
Library Specialist Senior (Acquisitions) -- manages and organizes library acquisitions processes and record keeping and provides supervisory and resources support for the Resources Services area. This position has responsibility for overseeing and evaluating collection assessment and management projects which may include supervision of full-and-part-time library and resources service staff for limited periods of time
Characteristics Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates all acquisitions processes, procedures and data-entry, and maintains an
Excel account ledger, Integrated Library System (ILS) acquisition records, File Transfer Protocol (ftp) purchases via Oasis selection interface, and works with the budgets in Datatel/Ellucian.
2. Gathers and presents data in reports on materials acquisition, budgets, and vendors; verifies and submits invoices for payment.
3. Serves as a collection development and management selector in area of expertise.
4. Provides leadership for special resource services and collection assessment projects.
5. Performs responsibilities in accordance with pertinent goals, missions, and plans of library services and the college.
6. Assists with regular Public Services desk shift coverage.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact