Brunswick Community College
50 College Road NE
Bolivia, NC 28422
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, January 8, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree or Certification in Machinist Technology from an accredited institution or five years of direct experience in the running of a machine shop.
- National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) Certification
- Must be able to work evening and nights
- Proven record of excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Working in Community College environment.
- Provides students with hand on training as well as textbook training as needed to succeed in the metal working industry.
- Knowledge in Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Operations & Programming
- Demonstrates mastery of machine shop safety, measuring tools, lathes, drilling machines, saws, milling machines, bench grinders, and layout instruments.
- Assists students with the setup and operation of machine tools including the selection and use of work holding devices, speeds, feeds, cutting tools, and coolants.
- Assess students in order to determine if they are able to safely perform the basic operations of measuring, layout, drilling, sawing, turning, and milling.
- Ensures that all necessary documentation is kept current and delivered in a timely manner.
- Ensures that an accurate and current materials are being used in the classroom.
- Willing to prepare and update material/outlines for adult learning styles.
How to Apply
A completed and signed Brunswick Community College application, a letter stating your qualifications related to the position requirements, skills and abilities, transcripts, and resume are preferred for most positions.
Applications can be found online at www.brunswickcc.edu
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to any of the following:
Human Resources, Brunswick Community College
PO Box 30
Supply, NC, 28462
Fax (910) 754-8229
Telephone: (910) 755-7300
BCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer