Main Campus - Smithfield, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, February 26, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate's Degree or equivalent with job experience, in Heavy Equipment or similar degree, or high school diploma with college certificate or NATEF certification.
Experience Minimum: Three to five years of experience working as a diesel engine mechanic.
***THIS IS A REPOST. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED AND DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY***
Inspects, repairs, maintains and services all trucks and trailers for the Truck Driver's Training Program. Maintains recordkeeping inventory on all parts, orders, assignments to vehicle repair inventory in the vehicle qualification files. This is a full-time position. (Vacancy posted until filled).
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs repairs and maintenance to tractors and trailers to all truck driver's training equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance as required to include prescribed service to meet Federal Regulations according to Part 393, 396 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSA).
- Required repairs will include; trouble shooting for defects, all light defects and replacement, clutch adjustment and replacement, air brake service, adjustment and replacement, audible / visual air leaks, exhaust repairs and replacement, engine diagnosis and repair, seat replacement, and basic routine general diagnosis and repair. All repairs must meet federal regulation guidelines as defined in the FMCSA Part 393, 396.
- Annual Federal DOT inspections, (if not certified must become certified).
- Services, repairs and maintains vehicle air conditioning on vehicles.
- Maintains parts inventory and assign parts used to proper vehicle maintenance file.
- Maintains service logs in electronic and paper format. .
- Cleans and maintains shop to NATEF standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Class A Commercial Driver's License with no restrictions on air brakes and/or transmissions.
CDL Class A required, however if applicant can verify training and does not have a CDL Class A, applicant has 90 days to qualify with JCC as Third Party Tester.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact