Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
•Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting required.
• Five years of progressively responsible professional experience in accounting and financial operations, including at least three years of direct supervisory experience required.
• Expert use of Excel and Word required.
•Master’s degree in accounting, business, or related field.
•CPA or similar certification preferred.
• Experience in fund accounting preferred.
• NC Community College experience preferred.
• Proficient use of Colleague, query tools, Access and Monarch preferred.
The individual in this full-time position is responsible for recruiting, training and mentoring employees in the General Ledger area of the Business Office for both the college and its related entities Job duties include managing cash and investments, research and ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements; interpret and implement college, state, local and federal policies and procedures pertaining to all areas of responsibility; troubleshoot software problems; maintain documented procedures for cash management; design and conduct college-wide training workshops; conduct routine internal audits. S/he will also be required to help implement any changes to the general ledger module. Individual must be capable of making independent decisions relevant to job assignments, including applying skills and knowledge to unusual circumstances with little direct supervision. Individual must exercise good judgment in identifying decisions to be referred for director or VP approval.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact