Morehead City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, April 14, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: Master's degree in Mathematics or Engineering with 18 graduate hours in math and engineering or demonstrated education, experience, and credentialing commensurate for the teaching discipline.
Knowledge and Skills: Teaching and administrative experience leading to this level of responsibility. Demonstration of skill in communication, organization, and managing multiple priorities; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, community groups, and others; and demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team environment
Master's degree in Mathematics or Engineering with 18 graduate hours in math and engineering
Carteret Community College is looking to hire a dynamic mathematics instructor with experience in the engineering field. We are looking for someone with an eagerness to help build our new Associate in Engineering Program as well as someone who has the passion to work in the Community College environment. Minimum hiring salary: $40,551. Application deadline: April 14, 2018.
The instructor will fulfill instructional duties for Math and Engineering courses at the College, coordinate supplies and equipment needed for Associate in Engineering courses (such as EGR150), and advise students in the Associate in Engineering degree program, as well as the other job responsibilities described below.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Teaching & Learning:
- Provide instruction to students with a faculty workload consistent with full time instructor expectations.
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the Chair.
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing appropriate, meaningful instructional activities.
- Adhere to departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers approved competencies.
- Request supplies and materials for courses and recommend appropriate equipment or technology.
- Maintain required college records including attendance, grades, books, etc.
- Evaluate student performance and learning outcomes using methods appropriate to the courses.
- Participate in departmental activities relative to developing and updating program(s) in area of expertise.
- Work with the Chair to ensure courses support program learning outcomes.
- Assist in the development of new instructional materials for courses.
- Follow common and master syllabi as well as record and provide outcome data.
- Provide innovative instruction in an environment conducive to learning while maintaining high standards.
- Uphold academic policies and procedures.
- Assist the Chair in reviewing textbook adoptions.
Program Review and Planning:
- Work with faculty to establish and execute short-term and long-term program goals.
- Participate in data gathering, interpretation, and evaluation activities.
- Collaborate with faculty in periodic reviews of planning and goal attainment.
- Provide assistance to advisees and maintain proficiency in program requirements of advisees.
- Participate in department, division, and college-wide advising activities.
- Maintain proficiency in advising technology and attend advising training sessions.
- Establish a professional development plan that is approved by the Dean.
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for position.
- Keep abreast of current technology.
- Attend on-and off-campus workshops, conferences, and professional development activities or meetings.
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
- Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings.
- Serve on committees as required.
- Participate in college-wide activities.
Working Conditions and Environment: Ability to accommodate a flexible working schedule, and the ability for limited travel within service area.
Physical Demands: Position requires mobility and the ability to stand for long periods of time.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with the position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
Application Deadline: April 14, 2018
Carteret Community College is an EEO/E-verify employer.
How to Apply
Apply at www.carteret.edu. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the completed on-line Carteret Community College application. Photocopies or unofficial transcripts are sufficient for the application process and should be uploaded in the online application process. Official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended will be required upon hire.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557