- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, May 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- NC Birth through Kindergarten (B-K) or Preschool Add-on Standard Professional II licensure OR NC Initial Provisional Lateral Entry BK License OR a BA/BS degree in early childhood education, child development, or a related field, and be eligible for a NC Initial Provisional Lateral Entry B-K License. Candidate must enroll and make satisfactory progress with Early Educator Support, Licensure & Professional Development Unit of the DCDEE and achieve B-K license within three years.
- Minimum of one year teaching experience in an early childhood setting/Kindergarten required. Five years of experience preferred.
- Knowledge of North Carolina licensing regulations and NAEYC accreditation standards.
- Experience working in a community college setting.
- Five years of experience preferred
Under the direction of the Early Childhood Education Lab Administrator, the NC Pre-K Teacher provides a warm, nurturing, safe and loving environment where self-concepts are enhanced, independence encouraged and individuality is respected. In order to accomplish the objectives of this position, the Teacher performs the following functions:
- To provide for the care, safety, and well-being of all children in the group
- A thorough understanding of the typical and atypical growth and development of young children
- Provides an environment that is warm, clean and pleasant allowing children to grow and explore
- Interacts effectively with children, parents, staff, students, and the general public.
- Implements a model program that complies with current research on Developmentally Appropriate Practices and positive child guidance
- Exhibits personal qualities of patience, cheerfulness optimism, flexibility, cooperation, and reliability.
- Responds to emergencies calmly
- The ability to plan and implement appropriate activities for young children
- Speaks distinctly and serves as a satisfactory language model for children
- Works well without close supervision
- Models developmentally appropriate teaching techniques consistent with classroom training for students, interns, and practicing professionals.
- Instructs, supervises, and assists with evaluation of curriculum students/work study students assigned to the classroom.
- Collaborate with Early Childhood Faculty in coordinating and supporting curriculum learning experiences
- Commitment to the community college "open door" philosophy and the comprehensive community college concept
- Commitment to mission and philosophy of both the Early Childhood Education Department and the Early Childhood Education Lab
- Implements and follows requirements set forth by NC Pre-K Program
How to Apply
A completed Southeastern Community College application form, a resume, letter of interest addressing the minimum requirements of the position and educational transcripts must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Initial review of applications will begin on May 18, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 310. www.sccnc.edu
Job Post Contact