- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, June 26, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s in Nursing or Nurse Education required. Must have a current active unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse in North Carolina. Minimum of two years full-time clinical experience in direct patient care required. Previous teaching experience preferred.
Previous teaching experience preferred.
Basic purpose of position:
Under supervision of the Vice President for Instructional Services, and in cooperation with the Dean, the instructor is responsible for assigned teaching duties and other related institutional activities. In certain cases, experience and demonstrated competence may substitute for advanced academic preparation.
- Plan, organize, and develop each course taught in accordance with acceptable academic standards.
- Maintain up-to-date course outlines and objectives for each course to be taught, assist with the development of new courses, and assist in revisions of existing courses.
- Serve as a faculty advisor for pre-nursing and nursing students as assigned and be available for advising of students on all designated registration days.
- Participate in a continuous program of curriculum evaluation.
- Evaluate each student by keeping necessary records to provide the college with an adequate profile of each student.
- Insuring that College and students meet clinical agency regulations and policies.
- Assist in the recruitment efforts of the College.
- Promoting retention/persistence by assisting students to develop strategies for success.
- To meet, within 3 years, the State Board of Nursing’s requirements for teaching and learning principles in adult education.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Instructional Services.
How to Apply
A TCCC application is required, plus a letter of interest, resume, and transcript/s. For an application packet, contact the Human Resources Office at Tri-County Community College, 21 Campus Circle, Murphy, NC 28906. Phone: (828) 835-4201 or e mail email@example.com. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Job Post Contact