Closes: Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Business, Public Administration, or related field
• 7 years minimum of human resources generalist experience, which must include time supervising clerical and professional employees
• Demonstrated knowledge and work experience in the areas of recruitment, salary administration, worker’s compensation, benefits administration, diversity, labor laws, and all facets of Human Resources.
• General familiarization with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS).
• Master’s degree preferred
• SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP
• PHR, SPHR
• Experience in higher education
The CHRO serves as the College’s senior Human Resources leader who provides leadership in developing and executing transformational human resource strategy in support of the overall goals, initiatives and strategic direction of the college. The CHRO must be dedicated to excellence in career and technical education, and desire to become part of an environment that values collaboration, learning, innovation, accessibility, excellence, integrity and inclusion.
The focus of the CHRO is to transform the department into a strategic operation that is capable of streamlining processes such as recruitment and selection, while enabling department directors to make more efficient and sound Human Resources decisions. In addition to strategic thinking, the CHRO is a critical Human Resources generalist in a lean department, serving as a practitioner and back-up to other departmental professionals, as well as Title IX coordinator for College employees. The College is not just seeking a sound customer-service approach to HR, but one that is designed around customer needs, while reducing legal liability. Thus, transformational and technological skills are essential. The CHRO is also expected to be a vital and active member of the president’s leadership team.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact