Closes: Saturday, August 19, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of best practices in recruiting and enrollment growth as presented in current literature
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful strategies for student recruiting and enrollment growth
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Customer service oriented with the ability to interface with prospective students from diverse populations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with faculty, staff, students, and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated success working with underrepresented populations
Alamance Community College is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual to serve as its next Outreach Recruiter within the Student Success Division. This individual will be a self-starter (with the ability to prioritize) responsible/accountable for increasing enrollment of overall ACC prospects/applicants including those from underrepresented, low income, disadvantaged and first-generation populations. Viable candidates will have demonstrated records of innovation and achievement in the areas of recruiting and enrollment growth.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Provide off-site programming/information/assistance regarding admission requirements, financial aid, and program completion benefits to underrepresented populations throughout Alamance County.
- Provide increased community outreach to underrepresented populations through Alamance County community organizations such as (but not limited to) the Boys and Girls Club, the Centro la Comunidad, NC Works, etc.
- Represent ACC at community events and organizations through individual contact and group presentations (ex: events sponsored by the Parks and Recreation Departments in the various municipalities, the Burlington/Alamance County Visitors Bureau, libraries, faith-based communities, Alamance Partnership for Children, Alamance County Cooperative Extension, etc.)
- Provide outreach to local companies/employers in Alamance County to promote ACC's services and programs.
- Promote ACC to current GED, Adult High School, and ESL students through presentations (and follow-up as needed).
- Promote ACC (ACC materials, brochures, signs, etc.) by visits throughout the community including medical offices and non-profit organizations; update as needed.
- Assist prospects and applicants with completing the enrollment/readmit process (including admission applications, scheduling placement testing, FAFSA completion, etc.)
- Provide follow-up regarding admission/registration to applicants via phone, mail, and/or face-to-face contact, as appropriate.
- Plan and implement weekend tours/information sessions for prospective students.
- Connect fully admitted students to appropriate admissions counselors to complete the advising and registration processes.
- Contact non-completers who are no longer enrolled at ACC; assist non-completers with the re-enrollment process.
- Contact students who have applied to ACC but have not completed the enrollment/registration process (with special attention to those who have placement tested or have multiple measures waivers for testing).
- Provide outreach to students who applied for a prior term but did not enroll at ACC (no-shows).
- Connect students "purged" (registration canceled) for nonpayment with Admissions/Financial Aid counselors as appropriate for problem-solving and re-registration.
- Contact students who have completed the FAFSA application but have not completed the enrollment process at ACC.
- Assist Enrollment Management Department with other recruitment duties as assigned.
How to Apply
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: