Pitt Community College, Greenville Center, 3107 S. Memorial Dr., Greenville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Must be a Certified ServSafe Instructor and Proctor. High school diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of three to five years' experience in the food service industry. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effective management and multi-tasking skills. Knowledge of basic computer skills and software programs. Must be able to stand for long periods of time while instructing at counter height and be able to freely navigate kitchen. Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and have manual dexterity. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must demonstrate a positive energy, compassion, understanding, and patience with a diverse student population. Understands how to assist students with disabilities and barriers to employment.
Knowledge of basic computer skills, software programs, multi-tasking, communication and listening skills are required.
Must have a valid driver's license with reliable transportation and be able to pass a criminal background check.
One to three years of food service industry supervisory experience is preferred. Effective teaching skills, management experience preferred.
The Food Service Specialist Instructor is responsible for the training of students participating in the Food Service Specialist Training program. He/she conducts scheduled instructional classes. The instructor will prepare students for employment in the food service industry including safe food handling, cooking, food preparation skills, and knife skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and execute a complete curriculum for students' kitchen hands-on training according to ServSafe text book
- Maintain class schedule for instruction and planning
- Supervise students' daily kitchen hands-on experience
- Supervise all aspects of kitchen operations
- Ensure proper food handling procedures throughout the kitchen and meal service area
- Maintain standards of sanitation in food prep areas
- Maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen area
How to Apply
Pitt Community College has partnered with NeoGov, an online application system. Interested candidates must apply for current vacancies electronically on the Pitt Community College website. Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
- Your application MUST be completed in its entirety in order to be given full consideration. This includes all degrees awarded, work history, credentials, current salary and current supervisor's contact information. "See Resume" will not be accepted in lieu of application completion.
- Incomplete applications may be disqualified. Salary recommendations are based upon information listed on this application. Please complete each item thoroughly. Resumes attached are not a substitute for the completion of the application.
Applications may be rejected if incomplete.
For assistance with completing your application, attaching documents, or any other technical difficulties, contact NEOGOV Applicant Support Hotline at (855) 524-5627.