Haywood Community College
185 Freedlander Dr.
Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, December 11, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master's Degree with 18 graduate hours in HIS or a closely related subject.
Master's degree with 18 graduate hours in HIS or a closely related subject area. Teaching experience at the post-secondary level and familiarity with Moodle a plus.
Instructor will teach HIS 111 N1 for 2018 Spring Semester. Primarily Instruction, public service and those forms of research which promote and enhance the college's commitment to excellence in Instruction and which supports the current needs of the students and faculty; developing curriculum; maintaining professional competence. Faculty members are responsible to a department/division chair or team facilitator, sometimes a coordinator. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of leader, teacher and facilitator of learning. Potential candidates must be available to teach face to face section during 2018 Spring semester on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 pm - 4:50 pm and also available for an online hour of class each week.
- Maintains updated course syllabi and provide each student with a written statement of course requirements at the beginning of the semester including texts, course content and competencies and evaluation.
- Prepares course materials; use appropriate teaching techniques including delivering lectures, leading discussions and conducting laboratory demonstrations; and perform other activities, which are related to and meet the requirements of the courses.
- Conducts evaluations of student performance and assign grades on the basis of such evaluations.
- Maintains records of student attendance and grades according to college and state policy and procedure.
- Responsible for the development and revision of course content, textbook/equipment selection, instructional materials and teaching assignments/scheduling.
- Responsible for administering student surveys in classes as prescribed by College procedure and discussing results with department chair.
- Maintains professional skills and subject expertise through continual study and research in discipline and through involvement in professional organizations.
- Donates academic expertise in the local, state or national community when appropriate to fulfill the community relations goals of the College.
- Supports and encourages college-sponsored activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
How to Apply
Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at www.haywood.edu, click on the Jobs tab then select position applying for. Applications are only accepted online.
Application must be complete for consideration- do not reference resume. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites.
Must provide 3 professional references with email addresses. References may not be current HCC employee.
HCC is a tobacco free campus.
HCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution