Haywood Community College
185 Freedlander Drive
Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Current instructor licensure as a Manicurist Instructor with the NC Board of Cosmetic Arts. Excellent human relations and communication skills. Preferred skills are experience in teaching at the secondary level, knowledge of formative and summative assessment, instructional design, and strategic planning.
See minimum requirements.
The instructor will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assisting with registration;
- Developing curriculum;
Maintaining professional competence;
- Maintain annually updated course syllabi and provide each student with a written statement of course requirements at the beginning of the semester including texts, course content and competencies and evaluation.
- Prepare course materials; use appropriate teaching techniques including delivering lectures, leading discussions and conducting laboratory demonstrations; and perform other activities, which are related to and meet the requirements of the courses.
- Conduct evaluations of student performance and assign grades on the basis of such evaluations.
- Maintain records of student attendance and grades according to college and state policy and procedure.
- Responsible for the development and revision of course content, textbook/equipment selection, instructional materials and teaching assignments/scheduling.
- Responsible for administering student surveys in classes as prescribed by College procedure and discussing results with Dean or Program Manager.
- Participate in the development and implementation of articulation programs and agreements and promote student participation in such programs.
- Provide students with academic and career advisement and assistance in transferability as appropriate.
- Work with students and employers in occupational settings, on-the-job training, practicums, internships and similar work-related situations as needed.
- Maintain professional skills and subject expertise through continual study and research in discipline and through involvement in professional organizations.
- Donate academic expertise in the local, state or national community when appropriate to fulfill the community relations goals of the College.
- Support and encourage college-sponsored activities.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Learn new guidelines and processes in performing duties.
- Create a student-centered environment
- Work toward operational excellence; continuous improvement of processes
- Implement innovative strategies to meet the needs of students and improve processes
- Interact with co-workers and perform tasks with the highest level of integrity
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff, students, and our learning community
- Promote and support HCC's mission, vision, and values and promote and support coworkers in the most positive manner.
How to Apply
Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at www.haywood.edu, click on the Jobs tab then select position applying for.
- Application must be complete for consideration- do not reference resume. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites.
- Must provide 3 professional references with email addresses. References may not be current HCC employee.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the final candidate to the college president.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus.
HCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution