New Hanover or Pender County
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, April 1, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• High school diploma or Equivalent
• Apprenticeship or intern with an experienced groomer
• Currently employed as a groomer
• 10 years experience as a dog or pet groomer
• Certified Dog Groomer or Master Dog Groomer certificate through the National Dog Groomers Association of America (NDGAA)
• Associates Degree in related field
To provide classroom instruction through lecture, demonstration, laboratory exercises, handouts, responding to questions, and testing to guide students through the dog grooming.
Employees within this class are distinguished from the Program Director and Full-time Faculty by the performance of basic and general instructional duties. Employees at this level receive instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise.
• Class will be held in the evenings, 2-3 nights per week. Location to be determined in New Hanover or Pender County.
• Requires 3 letters of recommendation and/or references from current supervisor and previous supervisors.