Closes: Thursday, August 31, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Two years of experience working with a school system, community college or an intermediary agency
- One year project management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications, education, counseling or a related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Participation in the planning and development of career pathways
- Experience with coordinating and planning career exposure opportunities for students
Pathways Activities Coordinator reports directly to Dean of Curriculum Programs. Pathways Activities Coordinator serves Randolph Community College, Asheboro City Schools and Randolph County School System by overseeing the planning and implementation activities and outcomes developed through the Pathways to Prosperity efforts. Pathways Activities Coordinator will continue planning current exposure activities, namely Manufacturing Days and Health Sciences Day, facilitate the efforts of Apprenticeship Randolph, develop new exposure activities and market career pathways.
This is a grant-funded position scheduled to end June 30, 2018. Continued employment is contingent upon grant funding.
- Enhance currently developed career pathways to include work-based learning activities and sites, career options, and Continuing Education on-ramps.
- Work with established pathways teams to create new career pathways based on identified need in the county.
- Collaborate with pathways team to develop marketing materials for student advisement into the career pathways.
- Coordinate and plan the exposure activities for both students and teachers including, but not limited to, Manufacturing Days, Health Sciences Day, summer camps, industry tours, job-shadowing and/or internship opportunities.
- Coordinate the efforts of Apprenticeship Randolph for the schools and be the primary liaison for the industry partners and students.
- Collaborate with Career Coordinators, CDCs, and school counselors to market and increase student understanding of the career pathway opportunities
- Plan, direct, and facilitate the work of people who do not report directly to you, but who provide support to the goals and objectives of the Pathways to Prosperity efforts.
- Maintain quality partnerships with local business and industry leaders to promote career opportunities among students and have an understanding of local industry needs
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205