Brunswick Community College
50 College Road NE
Bolivia, NC 28422
Closes: Friday, January 12, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Enrolled in an Associate Degree program with course work emphasis in microcomputer systems technology, networking or related field
- One or two years previous experience and or training involving technical support of personal computers and peripherals or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Associate Degree with course work emphasis in microcomputer systems technology, networking or related field
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to provide technical support of application and networking software and computer hardware for Brunswick Community College. Employees in this classification perform technical work and some public relations work. Position is responsible for performing software and hardware installation and maintenance, diagnosing computer problems, and documenting and tracking work requests. Position also facilitates evening Faculty in providing technology support for the classroom. Performs related work as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and perform troubleshooting resolutions in a timely manner
- Manages and monitors software, media technology, and computer images for campus and remote site presentation rooms and computer labs
- Responsible for hardware and software on main campus and remote site office and classrooms. Installs computers and related peripheral devices and software
- Assists faculty and staff in matching desired computer functions with available resources; recommends purchases for the most efficient and effective use of computer systems to fellow IT staff and Director of IT
- Assists with recycling procedures, inventory control, and reports to Lab Coordinator
- Assists Lab Coordinator with maintaining master class schedule and class computer images
- Operates a variety of office equipment such as computer, printer, telephone, calculator, etc.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals including immediate supervisor, co-workers, staff, and the general public
- Maintains classroom continuity using facilities management. Realigns classroom location due to unforeseen and scheduled room or building maintenance/emergency
- Provides technical support to evening Faculty via classroom access, media technology support, and computer support
- Documents and tracks work requests generated by the Help Desk. Completes or continues configurations, repairs, image installations, etc. from day-shift and/or from incoming Help Desk tickets generated in the evening. Provides detailed status reports for all ongoing configurations or completed tasks. Provides evening support event record for knowledge transference purposes
How to Apply
A completed and signed Brunswick Community College application, a letter stating your qualifications related to the position requirements, skills and abilities, transcripts, and resume are preferred for most positions.
Applications can be found online at www.brunswickcc.edu
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to any of the following:
Human Resources, Brunswick Community College
PO Box 30
Supply, NC, 28462
Fax (910) 754-8229
Telephone: (910) 755-7300
BCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer